The Piedmont's Best Stump Grinding Company
Professional & Experienced
Serving all areas of:
Davidson County | Forsyth County | Guilford County | Randolph County | Davie County | Rowan County, NC
At Scott’s Stump Grinding & Tree Service we are a varied and multi-faceted company that can do so much for your outdoor spaces. It’s our belief that you can make no better investment for your own property than looking after your trees – whether through our tree removal or stump grinding services. Tree service companies like ours can do so much for keeping your outdoor spaces in top condition, but also help to protect your other assets, like your homes and cars. So if you have ever searched for companies that provide stump grinding near me just read on to find out more!
Stump Grinding: Although stumps don’t tend to pose problems of the same magnitude as an errant tree, they can still be a major nuisance. They can be a hotbed for root diseases and suckering, which can both infect other areas of your outdoor space. Stumps don’t particularly look like they could cause harm, but many weigh enormous amounts and removal can be quite hazardous. Our stump grinding expertise and equipment mean we can get rid of these in a hassle-free manner for you.
Fully Licensed And Insured
Over 10 Years Of Experience
Fair and Reasonable Price
I found Scott’s Stump Grinding & Tree Removal through a friend, after hearing about the wonderful job they did for him. I was really happy with the team that removed a tree for me, they were really friendly and professional, and put my mind at ease the entire time. I would use them again in a heartbeat!” – Joan S.
Contact Us Today
We hope you’ll choose us when considering your stump grinding options, as we have the track record and expertise to fulfill your needs. Get in touch with us through our main telephone number or write to us on our contact form if it’s not in normal working hours – both of these are available on our website. We can give you further information regarding the specific services that might suit your needs, the value-packed prices of our services, and of course arranging an appointment with our team. A hassle-free service is only a phone call away for you now.
Stump Grinding FAQ's
- How much does it cost to grind a stump?
- The answer is it depends on the location of the stump on your property, how large the stump is, how far out the root system goes, if the soil/ground is rocky, along with other factors that can only be assessed on site. The best way to find out how much it will cost to have the stumps ground on your property is to give us a call to set up a time for a free estimate. We would be happy to come out and address your situation and provide our professional opinion on the best course of action.
- Is it cheaper to grind or remove a stump?
- Stump grinding is cheaper than stump removal. Stump removal requires more equipment, landfill fees for disposal of the stump, more labor to operate equipment, and additional cost to fill in the hole once the stump is removed. When a stump is ground all material stays on site and the tree stump is ground into mulch which can be incorporated back into the soil. You can then use the area as a flower garden or plan grass to cover the area where the tree once stood. With our state of the art remote controlled stump grinding machine we only impact the area where the stump is and do not disturb the surround plants or structures. When a stump is removed you run the risk of pulling the roots up and causing more damage to surround buildings or plants and trees. This is why more often than not it is cheaper to have a stump ground rather than removed.
- How long does it take to grind a stump?
- The length of time required to grind a stump is dependent on the size of the stump as well as the soil conditions surrounding the stump. For smaller diameter stumps it can be as little as 15 minutes or for large stumps the time can be up to 2 hours. Our industry leading equipment will make quick work of any stump and for most residential jobs we are able to have all the stumps ground in less than one day.
- Do trees grow back after stump grinding?
- In the majority of cases a tree does not grow back after the stump is ground. At Scott’s Stump Grinding and Tree Removal we grind not only the stump but also the roots of the tree minimizing the risk of the tree growing back. However the roots that are left in the ground could eventually sprout into a tree or seeds from the tree could have been dormant in the ground and once the parent tree is removed and they are exposed to sunlight they could begin sprouting.
- Should I remove wood chips after stump grinding?
- No, you should not remove wood chips after stump grinding. The best use of the chips is to push them back into the hole where the stump was before being ground. If you are wanting to grow grass of plants in the area where the stump was you should place a layer of topsoil, at least 2 inches thick, over the mulch to provide nutrients for the new plants to grow.
- Does stump grinding attract bugs?
- No, stump grinding does not attract bugs! It does the opposite. Leaving a stump to rot on your property is one of the ways pest infestations start as the decomposing wood is an ideal habitat for most pests. Grinding the stump is the best way to remove it and minimize the risk of a pest infestation. If you believe you have a pest infestation we also provide Pest Control which you can learn about on our website by clicking the link.
Area's Served for Stump Grinding
- Rowan County
- East Spencer
- Granite Quarry
- Mill Bridge
- China Grove
- Forsyth County
- Winston Salem
- Rural Hall
- Union Cross
- Guilford County
- High Point
- Pleasant Garden
- Friendly Lakes
- Irving Park